Fans of Disney’s Maleficent have a few reasons to celebrate this morning as the studio has released a new poster for the film’s sequel while also moving up the release date and giving it a devilish subtitle.
- First known simply as Maleficent 2 and later Maleficent II, the upcoming film is now officially titled Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.
- Angelina Jolie will reprise her role as the titular character and is, of course, featured on the just-released poster:
- Fans might also notice that this one-sheet shares that the film will now be debuting this October — previously it had been slated for May 29th, 2020.
- With the new release date (and altered title), it seems possible that Disney is hoping the villainous sequel will play well around Halloween.
- In other words, don’t be surprised if Ms. Jolie shows up on the side of your Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party treat bag this year.
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil will now arrive in theatres October 18, 2019.