We are drawing closer and closer to the opening of Star Wars :Galaxy’s Edge at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World in May and August respectively. In the meantime though, the Disney Parks Blog has revealed the cover art for “Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire,” which explores the lore of the planet of Batuu.
- “Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire” is written by New York Times best-selling author Delilah S. Dawson.
- Disney Parks Blog offers the following description of “Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire”:
- “In “Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire,” the story begins with General Leia Organa and her top spy, Vi Moradi. After devastating losses at the hands of the First Order, Organa has dispatched her agents across the galaxy in search of allies, sanctuary, and firepower—and Vi may have just found all three, on a secluded world at the galaxy’s edge.”
- “A planet of lush forests, precarious mountains, and towering, petrified trees, Batuu is on the furthest possible frontier of the galactic map, the last settled world before the mysterious expanse of Wild Space. The rogues, smugglers, and adventurers who eke out a living on the largest settlement on the planet, Black Spire Outpost, are here to avoid prying eyes and unnecessary complications. Vi, a Resistance spy on the run from the First Order, is hardly a welcome guest. And when a shuttle full of stormtroopers lands in her wake, determined to root her out, she has no idea where to find help.”
- “To survive, Vi will have to ingratiate herself to a world that redefines scum and villainy. With the help of a traitorous trooper and her acerbic droid, she begins to gather a colorful band of outcasts and misfits, and embarks on a mission to spark the fire of resistance on Batuu—before the First Order snuffs it out entirely.”
- “Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire” will be released on August 27 and is available for pre-order now.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens May 31 at Disneyland and August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World.