The Radio Disney Music Awards are returning this summer with a brand new name: ARDYs: A Radio Disney Music Celebration. This year will the ARDYs will feature a live telecast from Los Angeles, California. Fans of all ages can tune in and join the celebration on June 16.
- The popular Radio Disney Music Awards are returning this summer with a brand new name.
- Radio Disney is throwing a real-time live party for its most passionate fans, evolving music’s biggest event for families to the newly rebranded ARDYs: A Radio Disney Music Celebration.
- Actress, singer, songwriter, and recording artist Sofia Carson (Descendants, Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists) is set to host the exciting music and star-filled event.
- For the first time, it will be a live telecast, originating from Los Angeles.
- ARDYs: A Radio Disney Music Celebration will air Sunday, June 16 at 8:00 pm EDT (and re-airing at 8:00 pm PDT) on:
- Disney Channel
- Simulcast on Radio Disney
- Casey Patterson Entertainment will executive produce the show.
- The ARDYs will celebrate the biggest and rising stars in music, television and movies and create an event designed to inspire and entertain today’s families.
- Beginning May 20, and during the live ARDYs show, fans will be invited to be part of the planning for the live telecast. Fans can participate in polls to help determine certain elements of the show by voting via:
- DisneyNOW app
- Radio Disney app
- Online at Disney.com/ARDYs
- Returning sponsors of the 2019 ARDYs include:
- Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
- KRAFT Macaroni and Cheese Shapes
- Nintendo’s Super Mario Maker 2 video game on the Nintendo Switch system
- The Walt Disney Studios
What they’re saying:
- Phil Guerini, vice president, Music Strategy, Disney Channels Worldwide and general manager, Radio Disney Network: “We’re creating a next-level celebration of music to entertain and inspire families and over the next many weeks, we’ll bring our fans into the celebration planning, getting their opinions during pre-production and bring it all to life, live, during the show.”
About Casey Patterson Entertainment:
- Casey Patterson is a six-time Emmy and three-time PGA Award-nominated executive producer who has created a wide array of groundbreaking programming.
- Patterson recently produced and directed legendary country singer-songwriter Loretta Lynn’s star-studded tribute celebration in Nashville.
- Patterson’s credits include:
- Lip Sync Battle
- MTV Movie & TV Awards
- Dwayne Johnson’s Rock The Troops
- Bill Murray’s A Very Murray Christmas on Netflix
- One Night Only: Alec Baldwin
- Time and Punishment: A Town Hall Discussion With Jay Z
- The Concert of the Century at the White House
- The Concert for New York City
- Saturday Night Live 25th Anniversary Special
- Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis: A Fairytale of New York