Walt Disney Company Chairman and CEO Bob Iger recently visited Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge for a special private tour. However, he wasn’t the only one to enjoy the amazing new 14 acre land. Iger was joined by a few other film industry superstars including Lucasfilm President, Kathleen Kennedy.
- Earlier today, Disney CEO Bob Iger shared a tweet from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland.
- Iger hosted a private tour of the new land for Disney and Lucasfilm VIPs including:
- Kathleen Kennedy
- JJ Abrams
- Steven Spielberg
- Scott Trowbridge
- In his tweet Iger says, “Best way to impress your friends…give them a personal tour of @starwars Galaxy's Edge!”
- This lucky group of friends are among the first guests to get to experience Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu.
Best way to impress your friends…give them a personal tour of @starwars Galaxy's Edge!#stevenspielberg, #jjabrams, Kathy Kennedy with Imagineer & Galaxy's Edge creator, Scott Trowbridge. pic.twitter.com/e3jFH2Cd2b
— Robert Iger (@RobertIger) May 11, 2019
- Iger also shared a few photos of the group posing at some iconic locations such as inside the “fastest hunk o’ junk in the galaxy,” the Millennium Falcon.
About Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge:
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the latest immersive land expansion to Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here, guests will set foot on the planet Batuu at the back corner of the galaxy.
- They’ll explore the active community of Black Spire Outpost where mysterious characters, familiar faces, and maybe even an outlaw or two are lurking.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland on May 31, 2019. Guests will need to have a reservation and valid park admission to visit the land.
- Disney has revealed the full menus for all of the dining locations at Galaxy’s Edge including Oga’s Cantina!
- Guests will be able to learn secrets of the Force and handbuild their own lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop.