Guests visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will have the unique opportunity to construct their own lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop. The Disney Parks Blog has revealed more information about the shop located in the Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu and it’s strong ties to the Force.
- The Disney Parks Blog has shared more details about Savi’s Workshop at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge where guests will have the opportunity to construct their very own lightsaber.
- While constructing a lightsaber will be a highlight for many guests, there is also much more mythology and story behind Savi’s and why it’s located on Black Spire Outpost.
- Visitors who feel a strong connection to the Force will find they are not alone when they set foot on the planet Batuu. Other like-minded individuals have also journeyed to this location in search for the hidden workshop and to hopefully meet with the Gatherers
The story of the Gatherers and Savi:
- The Gatherers are a group of men and women who have dedicated their lives to restoring balance in the galaxy by passing on their knowledge of the Force and the ancient ways of the Jedi. They have amassed a great collection of stories, kyber crystals, and other saber parts from around the galaxy.
- As “keepers of the Force,” they have passed down their knowledge from generation to generation, striving to keep the flame of hope alive.
- Savi was one of the original Gatherers and a friend to Lor San Tekka (whom we met briefly at the beginning of Star Wars: The Force Awakens). Like Lor, Savi was a believer in the ideals of the Jedi Order and helped to pass on his knowledge of Jedi lore.
- He created a salvage business as a front to hide his clandestine mission of guiding the next generation of Force wielders and helping them create their unique lightsabers.
Constructing a lightsaber:
- Guests ready to learn the knowledge of the Force will find a symbol displayed on the front of the workshop indicating that they are in the correct location.
- In order to enter the workshop they must give the secret phrase to the Gatherers.
- Once inside, the Builders will be surrounded by various odds and ends, pieces and objects. These pieces become key elements in the building and refinement of their lightsabers.
- At the center of the room guests will notice the Builder’s Table, a large oval-shaped table assembled from ancient pieces salvaged from across the galaxy.
- The Builder’s Table can accommodate up to 14 builders at a time to choose their crystal and craft their lightsaber.
- There are four lightsabers themes that guests can choose to build and include:
- Peace and justice
- Power and control
- Elemental nature
- Protection and defense
- Peace and Justice:
- Salvaged from fallen Jedi temples and crashed starships, these lightsaber pieces were created for Force wielders of the Republic era.
- The simple designs reflect the commitment to the devout life of those whom they were created by – the Jedi Order – the once guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy.
- Power and Control:
- Reclaimed from the ashes of the rumored Sith homeworld and abandoned Sith temples, these lightsaber pieces were originally forged by the Sith of their time.
- Characterized by sharp and strong forms, these pieces showcase the brutality and relentlessness of the Sith’s insatiable desire for power and control.
- Elemental Nature:
- As we have been told, The Force is an energy field created by all living things; it surrounds us, penetrates us and binds the galaxy together. These lightsaber pieces are born of that same Force.
- They are as unique as the user and as the elements of nature: the wood from a Brylark tree, a bone of the Cartusion whale or even a tooth from a Rancor.
- Protection and Defense:
- Cultivated from a time forgotten, these earliest lightsaber pieces contain designs and inscriptions that are shrouded in mystery.
- Believed to be created for protection and defense, conferring anonymity and symbolizing emotional detachment, a lightsaber made from these pieces reconnects the user with the most ancient wellspring of the Force.