To celebrate the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, The Disneyland Resort has provided some fun facts about the new 14-acre land. Do you have a favorite?
- The Millennium Falcon docked in the Black Spire Outpost Spaceport measures more than 100 feet long.
- Among the ancient-looking spires across the lands, the tallest is more than 130 feet high.
- The lands were created with more than 200,000 square feet of rockwork and approximately 260,000 square feet of themed plaster in each location.
- More than 7,000 props were created for each land.
- Nine different retail locations in the lands offer nearly 700 unique items.
- There are more than 120,000 possible combinations for constructing a lightsaber using all the available pieces in Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers.
- There are nearly 280,000 possible combinations for constructing an R-series or BB-series astromech droid using all the available pieces in the Droid Depot.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has been in development since 2014.
- Approximately 6,700 construction workers and artisans were employed during the development of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- To operate the land, 1,600 new jobs were created for the Disneyland Resort.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at the Disneyland Resort on May 31, 2019
- From May 31 through June 23, reservations are required to enter the land
- Reservations through Disneyland.com are no longer available, but are still available with a reservation at a Disneyland Resort hotel
- After June 23, reservations will no longer be required but admission to the land is still subject to capacity restraints
- Galaxy’s Edge will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World on August 29, 2019
- The second attraction in the land, Rise of the Resistance, will open at the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World, later this year.