Let’s get down to business… Today, during the FIFA Women’s World Cup finals, Disney debuted the first teaser trailer for their upcoming live-action Mulan.
- On this lovely Sunday, fans are getting a first look at the Disney’s highly-anticipated remake of Mulan.
- The film features Yifei Liu as the famed warrior with Donnie Yen, Jason Scott Lee, Gong Li and Jet Li also starring.
- This updated take on the story is directed by Niki Caro and comes from a screenplay by Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver and Elizabeth Martin & Lauren Hynek
- That screenplay is based on the narrative poem “The Ballad of Mulan”
- In addition to the teaser, a new poster has officially debuted as well:
- Disney’s Mulan is set to arrive in theatres March 27th, 2020.
“When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the Imperial Army to defend the country from Northern invaders, Hua Mulan, the eldest daughter of an honored warrior, steps in to take the place of her ailing father. Masquerading as a man, Hua Jun, she is tested every step of the way and must harness her inner-strength and embrace her true potential. It is an epic journey that will transform her into an honored warrior and earn her the respect of a grateful nation…and a proud father.
Mulan features a celebrated international cast that includes:
- Yifei Liu as Mulan
- Donnie Yen as Commander Tung
- Jason Scott Lee as Böri Khan
- Yoson An as Cheng Honghui
- Gong Li as Xianniang
- Jet Li as the Emperor.