Veteran actor Jeff Bridges has reportedly been tapped to star in FX’s new drama series The Old Man, according to Variety.
- The Old Man will be based on the bestselling novel of the same name by Thomas Perry
- The series will be written by Jon Steinberg and Robert Levine, who will also serve as executive producers alongside Warren Littlefield, Dan Shotz, and David Schiff and Bridges.
- The series will be produced by Fox 21 Television Studios in association with The Littlefield Company and production will begin this Fall.
The Plot (via Amazon):
- To all appearances, Dan Chase is a harmless retiree in Vermont with two big mutts and a grown daughter he keeps in touch with by phone. But most sixty-year-old widowers don’t have multiple driver’s licenses, savings stockpiled in banks across the country, and a bugout kit with two Beretta Nanos stashed in the spare bedroom closet. Most have not spent decades on the run. Thirty-five years ago, as a young hotshot in army intelligence, Chase was sent to Libya to covertly assist a rebel army. When the plan turned sour, Chase reacted according to his own ideas of right and wrong, triggering consequences he could never have anticipated. And someone still wants him dead because of them. Just as he had begun to think himself finally safe, Chase must reawaken his survival instincts to contend with the history he has spent his adult life trying to escape. Armed mercenaries, spectacularly crashed cars, a precarious love interest, and an unforgettable chase scene through the snow—this is lethal plotting from one of the best in crime fiction.
What they’re saying:
- Nick Grad, co-president of original programming for FX Entertainment: “Jeff Bridges is an iconic, extraordinary actor and to have him as the star of this series is an incredible moment for FX. Jon Steinberg and Robert Levine have delivered an amazing pilot script and Jeff is perfect for the role of Dan Chase. We’re also happy to be working with Warren Littlefield, with whom we’ve had such a terrific partnership on Fargo, along with our partners at Fox 21.”