FX has given the green light for a limited series based on the 2013 Sundance film festival feature A Teacher, according to Deadline.
- The 2013 film, which got some buzz from the festival, was written and directed by Hanna Fidell.
- The new limited series will star and be executive produced by Kate Mara, who will be joined by co-star Nick Robinson.
- The series will come from FX Productions and has been in development since last year.
- Fidell will write, direct and executive produce the 10-episode limited series.
- Mara and Fidell will be joined by Michael Costigan and Jason Bateman of Aggregate Films, Danny Brocklehurst as executive producers.
- A Teacher follows a female high school teacher in Texas as she becomes entangled in an affair with her male student and explores the complexities and consequences of their illegal relationship.
- Mara and Robinson will star as the teacher and the high school senior respectively.
What they’re saying:
- Gina Balian, President, Original Programming, FX Entertainment: “Hannah Fidell is an exceptional filmmaker we have long admired for her intuitive ability to bring complex stories to life with depth and grace. We are thrilled to partner with Hannah, Kate Mara, Michael Costigan, Jason Bateman and Danny Brocklehurst to adapt A Teacher into a limited series for FX, with Kate leading an extraordinary cast along with Nick Robinson.”