Disney’s Animal Kingdom invites guests to rediscover the incredible magic of the winter holidays with new decorations and entertainment offerings.
- The Disney Parks Blog has shared some new details about the magical winter experiences coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- This year, Walt Disney World’s fourth gate will celebrate the holiday season with festive new entertainment and holiday décor in every land of the park.
- Discovery Island will be the center of all the wintry magic with incredible experiences offered both day and night.
- Guests will find themselves in the midst of a celebration of winter, hand-crafted by the eclectic community of artists who make the island their home.
- The village will be filled with:
- Sparkling white holiday decorations
- Colorful, animal-inspired luminaries to line rooftops
- Wireframe lanterns in the shape of birds perched throughout the area
- In addition to the elegant decorations, guests will enjoy new entertainment offerings
- During the day, guests will delight in a gathering of life-size, artisan-sculpted puppets who frolic around Discovery Island.
- These gorgeous holiday animals will interact with guests, accompanied by musicians as they create a playful atmosphere of festive fun.
- Featured animal puppets include:
- Polar bears
- And finally, as day becomes night, the rooftop luminaries and bird lanterns around Discovery Island will bring a warm and festive glow to the entire village.
- Tree of Life awakens will feature a series of wintry tales, complemented by a familiar and heartwarming holiday-inspired musical score.
- Between awakening moments, the Tree of Life continues to shimmer and sparkle throughout the night, alive with the magic of nature and the spirit of the holidays.
More holiday magic at Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- Each land at the park will celebrate the winter season with festive decorations, food, and other wonderful surprises. and
- Holiday festivities at Walt Disney World will begin on November 8, 2019.