In honor of the 10th anniversary of Disney’s animated classic, The Princess and the Frog, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) will host a special screening of the film. Tickets for the September 5th event are on sale now.
- AMPAS is hosting a special one night event in celebration of the 10th anniversary of Disney’s The Princess and the Frog.
- This screening is part of the Marc Davis Celebration of Animation, and will be offered on September 5, 2019 at 7:30 pm at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
- Actress Quvenzhané Wallis will be the host for the evening.
- Cast members and creators of the animated classic will be in attendance including:
- Anika Noni Rose, “Tiana”
- Jenifer Lewis, “Mama Odie”
- Michael-Leon Wooley, “Louis”
- Keith David, “Dr. Facilier”
- Ron Clements, director
- Peter Del Vecho, producer
- Rob Edwards, screenwriter
- Marlon West, head of effects
- Bruce W. Smith, animator “Dr. Facilier”
- Tickets are available now through the Academy’s website for $5 per person.
- Academy members and students can purchase tickets for $3 per person.
What they’re saying:
- “The Academy is proud to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Disney’s The Princess and the Frog. This hand-drawn animated comedy set in New Orleans introduced audiences to a spirited young African American woman named Tiana, a frog prince who desperately wants to be human again and a fateful kiss that leads them both on a hilarious adventure through the mystical bayous of Louisiana.”
Did you know?:
- Upon its release, The Princess and the Frog marked the sixth collaboration of writing and directing team Ron Clements and John Musker.
- The duo also worked on:
- The Great Mouse Detective (1986)
- The Little Mermaid (1989)
- Aladdin (1992)
- Hercules (1997)
- Treasure Planet (2002)
- The Princess and the Frog was nominated for three Oscars including:
- Animated Feature Film
- Original Song for
- “Almost There”
- “Down In New Orleans”