A Disney Cruise Line Crew Member is headed to trial later this month after being accused of inappropriately touching a 10 year old passenger, according to WESH
- A “youth host” from Disney Cruise Line’s Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab is scheduled to go on trial later this month in Miami after he was accused of molesting a young boy during a cruise earlier this year aboard the Disney Magic.
- For those unfamiliar with the Disney Cruise Line offerings, The Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab are areas of the ship filled with interactive games and activities and creative fun for children ages 3-12.
- According to the report, Crew Member Oliver Lovatt, 24, was captured on surveillance cameras molesting a 10 year old boy twice while in the Oceaneer Lab section of the ship during a game.
- One of the reported incidents occurred while the child was blindfolded.
- Lovatt was arrested in May on two counts of lewd and lascivious molestation of a child under 12 after the alleged incident aboard the ship.
- According to prosecutors, the incident occurred in April, with the arrest in May and the trial is set to begin on October 28 in Miami-Dade County.
- Disney spokespeople are calling the incident “unacceptable behavior.”
What They’re Saying:
- Disney Spokesperson: “We have zero tolerance for this type of unacceptable behavior. When we became aware of the allegation, it was reported to law enforcement and the crew member was removed from duty permanently,"