ABC embraces the season with the upcoming original holiday movie Same Time, Next Christmas, which premieres on Thursday, Dec. 5, at 9:00-11:00 p.m.
- The soon-to-be fan-favorite holiday film will also rebroadcast on ABC on Monday, Dec. 23, at 8:00-10:00 p.m. EST, as well as on Freeform as part of their “25 Days of Christmas” programming. You can also watch the movie via streaming on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.
- In Same Time, Next Christmas, Olivia Anderson (played by Lea Michele) is a successful young woman who met her childhood sweetheart during her family’s annual Christmas visit to Hawaii. After being separated by distance and years, the two reunite at the same Hawaiian resort years later, and the old chemistry between them flares up anew—but circumstances conspire to keep them apart.
- Same Time, Next Christmas stars Lea Michele as Olivia Anderson, Charles Michael Davis as Jeff Williams, Bryan Greenberg as Gregg Harris, George Newbern as Woody Anderson, Nia Vardalos as Faye Anderson, Phil Morris as Alec Williams and Dannah Lockett as Madelyn Williams.
- Same Time, Next Christmas is executive produced by EveryWhere Studios’ Tom Mazza and David Calvert Jones. Stephen Herek (Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors, Mr. Holland’s Opus and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure) directs and Karen Bloch Morse (Ice Castles) writes. The movie is produced by Freeform Studios for ABC.
- Freeform Studios produces bold original programming that connects with audiences to move the cultural conversation a little forward. Their authentic, groundbreaking original series include Good Trouble, Siren, and Motherland: Fort Salem, as well as original movies including Life-Size 2 and the upcoming Ghosting: The Spirit of Christmas and Same Time, Next Christmas.
- The movie will be rebroadcast on ABC on Monday, Dec. 23, and on Freeform as part of its ’25 Days of Christmas’