A new original comedy is in the works for Disney+, titled The Biggest Star in Appleton starring multi-talented actress and singer, Kristin Chenoweth. The series comes from writer Paul Rudnick, who will also executive produce alongside Chenoweth and Dan Jinks.
- Disney+ is reportedly developing a new half-hour series titled The Biggest Star in Appleton.
- According to Deadline, the single-camera comedy hails from playwright/screenwriter Paul Rudnick, Kristin Chenoweth and Dan Jinks.
- Chenoweth is slated to star in the series as Wisconsin wife and mother, Carol Dannhauser.
- The series was created and written by Rudnick who will also executive produce along with Chenoweth and Jinks.
- 20th Century Fox TV studios will produce the original comedy.
About The Biggest Star In Appleton:
- “Carol Dannhauser, a Wisconsin mom, wife and waitress who, while devoted to her family, finds her deepest satisfaction in small town stardom at the local community theater. Her status is threatened when Tara Hubley, a struggling New York chorus girl, moves back home with dreams of her own.”
Did you Know:
- The Biggest Star in Appleton will reunite Chenoweth and Jinks who both worked on ABC’s Pushing Daisies. Chenoweth co-starred on the show and won an Emmy for her performance, while Jinks produced the dramedy.
- Jinks is attached to produce Marley, an adaptation of the classic novel A Christmas Carol which is in the works at Disney. Bill Condon and Stephen Schwartz are writing the screenplay and music.
- As for Rudnick, his writing credits include:
- Sister Act
- Addams Family Values
- His plays include:
- The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told
- Rudnick is also writing the book for the Broadway adaptation of Fox’s The Devil Wears Prada, which will feature a score by Elton John.