Close your eyes, take a deep breath, can smell the oranges and pine trees? That’s right, Disney California Adventure is bringing back Soarin’ Over California this for a limited time this spring.
- Disney fans who’ve been missing Soarin’ Over California are in for a treat as Disneyland Resort is bringing the classic ride theming back for a limited time.
- The Orange County Register reported that, yes the beloved California centric version of the attraction is returning during Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival.
- The culinary festival runs from February 28-April 21 however, Disney officials have not confirmed an end date for Soarin’ Over California.
- This isn’t the first time Disney’s brought the original version back for guests. Anticipating high crowds last spring when Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opened, the Resort switched to Soarin’ Over California.
- While Disneyland may not have been the madhouse everyone was expecting, fans turned out for a nostalgic hang gliding trip on Soarin’ at Disney California Adventure.
- Disney originally planned to keep the domestic version running for just a month, but demand was high, and the resort extended the experience through the summer.
About the ride:
- Soarin’ Over California is a motion simulator that flies guests across the great state on a hang glider. The “virtual, immersive experience celebrates the beauty and wonder of the Golden State – from San Francisco’s iconic Golden Gate Bridge to the crashing waves in Malibu.”
- Soarin’ Over California may be a few weeks away, that doesn’t mean fans can’t enjoy this homemade version of the ride:
More Disneyland News:
- Star Wars: The Rise of the Resistance is now open! Check out Mike’s recap of the opening day and his overall experience.
- Disneyland’s new daytime spectacular, Magic Happens will debut on February 28th. The new parade floats feature characters from some of Disney’s greatest animated movies including, Frozen II, Coco, Moana, and The Princess and the Frog.
- This week, Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders can pick up the new “Steamboat Minnie” popcorn bucket and enjoy $1.50 refills through March 29, 2020.