- Disneyland Resort has announced that Soarin’ Over California’s temporary return has been extended until August 31.
- Disneyland says: “Due to guest popularity, the epic, aerial adventure Soarin’ Over California has been extended through August 31! This virtual, immersive experience celebrates the beauty and wonder of the Golden State – from San Francisco’s iconic Golden Gate Bridge to the crashing waves in Malibu.”
- Plus, as an added bonus Annual Passholders can enjoy an extra hour at Soarin’ Over California after park closing every Thursday night, beginning June 27 through the end of July.
- Please note, blockout dates apply.
- Soarin’ Over California debuted with the then-named Disney’s California Adventure in 2001 and proved to be such a hit that it was later duplicated in Epcot under the name Soarin’.
- However, when Shanghai Disneyland opened with a new version of the attraction (named Soaring Over the Horizon), both domestic parks replaced the California film with one that took riders around the world.
- Now, nearly three years after its closure, Soarin’ Over California will return for a limited time.
- Currently the original film is slated to run from June 1st through the 30th.
- Obviously the hope is that Disney California Adventure can use the offering as counterprogramming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opening across the esplanade later this month.
- Meanwhile, Soarin’ Around the World will remain uninterrupted at Epcot and will return to the Disneyland Resort after this special presentation.