Walt Disney World has confirmed that going forward, Epcot will be known as “EPCOT” in all uppercase letters.
- Epcot park at Walt Disney World is subtly changing its name to “EPCOT.”
- While we knew this change was coming as part of the park’s transformation, it seems it has now taken effect.
- However, for the time being, Walt Disney World’s official website still shows the previous “Epcot” stylization.
- The change is a nod to the park’s original name, “E.P.C.O.T. Center.” It used an all uppercase acronym that stood for “Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.”
- The park’s name changed for the first time in the mid-’90s when it became “Epcot ‘94” and then “Epcot ‘95” before losing the year and remaining simply “Epcot” until present day.
- This name change comes as the park undergoes a huge transformation, with most of Future World under construction.
- Click here to see all of the updates coming to EPCOT.
More Disney World News:
- Betsy Johnson Debuts Disney Parks Designer Collection February 21st Inspired by “The Little Mermaid.”
- Photo Update: Regal Eagle Smokehouse Opens at Epcot
- Magic Kingdom’s Diamond Horseshoe Saloon to Offer Lounge Experience During Disney Villains After Hours
- “Hello Mate!” The Latest Disney Merchandise Collection Celebrates Epcot’s United Kingdom Pavilion
- New Future World East Passageway Opens at Epcot
- Disney World Announces Makeover for Cinderella Castle