Walt Disney Imagineering has shared a behind-the-scenes look at the Cinderella Castle décor coming to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort.
- With the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort coming up on October 1, Walt Disney Imagineering shared a video giving a sneak peek of the décor that will be on Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom.
- It was announced in February that George A. Kalogridis will be serving as the Global Ambassador for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration.
- “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” will start on October 1, 2021, and continue for 18 months.
- Shimmering EARidescent décor will appear around the resort while the icons at each park will transform at night to “Beacons of Magic.”
- Cinderella Castle will feature golden bunting, sparkling golden embellishments, and a 50th anniversary crest.
The Instagram description reads:
- “Our teams have been hard at work on the new décor package for the 50th anniversary of @WaltDisneyWorld, beginning on Oct. 1, 2021. Today, we're excited to share a sneak peek of the royal treatment Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom will receive when shimmering jewels and ribbons in royal blues and EARidescent golds will wrap its turrets and towers in all directions.
- To celebrate this enduring icon of Magic Kingdom, our Disney Imagineers developed these new colors, gold detailing and vibrant hues after drawing inspiration from Mary Blair’s vision in the classic "Cinderella" film. We look forward to sharing more about our design inspiration and approach as we bring this vision to life and cannot wait to see these details begin to adorn the castle in the weeks and months to come! #DisneyWorld50”
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort.