The Fist of Khonshu returns this July! Moon Knight, one of Marvel’s most enigmatic and compelling heroes, is back in an all-new ongoing series written by Jed MacKay and making his Marvel Comics debut, artist Alessandro Cappuccio.
- MOON KNIGHT #1 will spin directly out of the recent “Age of Khonshu” arc in Jason Aaron’s Avengers run and promises to be a worthy new adventure for this fascinating character.
- The mysterious Mr. Knight has opened his Midnight Mission, his people petitioning for protection from the weird and horrible.
- That protection is offered by Moon Knight, who stalks the rooftops and alleys marked with his crescent moon tag, bringing violence to any who would harm his people.
- Marc Spector, in whichever guise he dons, is back on the streets, a renegade priest of an unworthy god.
- But while Khonshu languishes in a prison that Moon Knight put him in, the white-cowled hero must still observe his duty: protecting those who travel at night. And let it be known – Moon Knight will keep the faith.
- Since his first appearance in 1975’s Werewolf by Night #32 by comic book greats Doug Moench and Don Perlin, Moon Knight has stood out over the years thanks to his intriguing mythology and the psychological complexities of the character.
- Having enjoyed critically-acclaimed runs by Brian Michael Bendis, Warren Ellis, and Jeff Lemire, Mark Spector now makes his much-demanded return with a series that will give Moon Knight fans exactly what they’ve been asking for and serve as a perfect gateway for newcomers interested in this unique Marvel hero.
- Don’t miss the start of Moon Knight’s new era when MOON KNIGHT #1 hits stands on July 7
What they’re saying:
- Writer Jed MacKay: "I'm very excited to be working with Alessando Cappuccio on the continuing adventures of one of Marvel's biggest messes- Moon Knight! In the wake of his disastrous attempt to take over the world in the “Age of Khonshu,” Marc Spector (et al) has retreated to what he knows- busting heads on the streets. But despite betraying his god to the Avengers, the Fist of Khonshu's obligations remain the same- to protect those travelling at night. Apostate priest of the moon god, the mysterious Mr. Knight has opened the doors of his Midnight Mission, where those in fear of the weird and strange may petition for the aid of the Moon Knight! But this doesn't sit well with everyone, and hidden threats circle Marc's new start from the shadows…"
- Artist Alessandro Cappuccio: “When Tom Brevoort contacted me to work on the new Moon Knight series, I couldn't believe it,” Cappucio said. “Debuting in Marvel Comics with one of my favorite characters is a dream come true! The story is a new beginning for Moon Knight, Jed did an excellent job as usual on the scripts and I'm delighted to be working with a professional of his caliber.”