Shanghai Disney Resort is bringing more Disney magic to guests outside of the park, hotels, and Disneytown. Today marks the opening of a new Mickey Mouse Station at Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport that will provide entertainment and spark the imaginations of young travellers and their families.
- Shanghai Disney Resort has teamed up with Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport to offer children and families an incredible new Kids’ Corner.
- The area known as “Mickey Mouse Station” was designed to open hearts and imaginations—and help kids enjoy some fun before, between or after their trips.
- Today, the two parties unveiled the magical space for the first time to the tens of thousands of daily passengers.
- Located at the south wing of the departure floor of Terminal 2, the new corner reflects the iconic Mickey Mouse figure and features three distinct areas to engage children of all ages and interests.
- Mickey Mouse Station was designed by expert Walt Disney Imagineers, providing a safe, fun environment for all. Together, the three main areas compose Mickey Mouse’s distinctive round face and ears:
- A Viewing/Resting Area situated in front of a large television screen
- An Interactive Photo and Game Area
- A Reading Area as the two “ears”
- Kids and adults alike will enjoy both fun and educational features at Mickey Mouse Station such as watching previews of upcoming Disney releases and other family friendly content in the Viewing Area, or solving bilingual riddles about Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck in the Reading Area.
- Over in the Photo and Game Area, travellers will discover the amusing tumbler game where they create wacky versions of their favorite characters.
- Shanghai Disney Resort also has plans to introduce a second Kids’ Corner at the departure floor’s north wing, which will add even more entertainment and excitement for travelers.
- More details about the Kids’ Corner in the north wing will be announced in the future.