Artist John Romita Jr. is returning to Marvel Comics to celebrate 60 years of the Fantastic Four. Romita Jr.’s legendary work will be part of Fantastic Four #35 which hits stands on August 25th.
- This year, Marvel Comics celebrates the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four and will introduce some of the First Family’s greatest adventures yet!
- Following the highly anticipated Bride Of Doom storyline, August’s Fantastic Four #35 will be a special giant-sized spectacular that will see series writer Dan Slott teaming up with legendary artist John Romita Jr.
- Recently returned to the House of Ideas, Romita Jr. is back to bringing his incredible artwork to Marvel’s biggest heroes.
- Fantastic Four #35 will launch a brand-new storyline that will see every iteration of the iconic villain Kang teaming up for a devious plot that will unravel across Fantastic Four history!
- Additionally Mark Waid and Paul Renaud will share dramatic insights into the origin of the fabulous foursome in an all-new anniversary tale and a third story written and drawn by Jason Loo in his Marvel Comics debut.
- Fans can bring home Fantastic Four #35 this summer when the issue goes on sale August 25th.
About Fantastic Four #35:
- “The entire Kang bloodline is out to destroy every era of the Fantastic Four! How can Reed, Sue, Ben and Johnny hope to survive simultaneous attacks across their lifetimes by Rama Tut, the Scarlet Centurion, Kang the Conqueror and Kang’s final descendant, the sinister Scion?! Still dealing with the repercussions of Doctor Doom’s climactic wedding, the groundbreaking changes to the Fantastic Four’s status quo are just beginning.”
What They’re Saying:
- Artist John Romita Jr.: “I’ve read, and been told by much smarter people, that ‘luck is the residue of design’ so I won’t even attempt to claim I designed the events of these last few months, but I will take this kind of luck any day any time. I was lucky to begin my career with Marvel and now am extremely lucky to re-connect with Marvel. That’s an enormous amount of good fortune. I sincerely thank all the folks up at Marvel, and Disney, who worked for this fortunate re-connection to happen.
- John Romita Jr.: “To add to all this, and I hate to add a third section to my good fortune, is the opportunity to start off with a huge project, which is the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four! It is an honor and extreme privilege to be asked to work on this along with a friend and former collaborator, Dan Slott! Along with ink artist JP Mayer, I am looking forward to this being up for viewing in August!”
Fantastic Four #35
- Written by Dan Slott, Mark Waid & Jason Loo
- Art by John Romita Jr., Paul Renaud & Jason Loo
- Cover by Mark Brooks
- On Sale August 25th
More Marvel Comics:
- For the latest news and reviews of what’s happening in the Marvel Universe, be sure to check out our weekly show Marvel Time. Mack and Benji discuss the latest in comics, share their pick of the week, and talk about all things Marvel!