- Voiceover actor (and narrator with the most charming voice in television) Anthony Mendez has signed on to Foodtastic, a new unscripted competition series slated for Disney+ in 2021.
- In a Variety exclusive, the site reports that Mendez will be the show’s narrator joining host Keke Palmer, and judges Chef Benny Rivera and Amirah Kassem.
- Foodtastic is the latest original competition series to hail from Disney+ following 2020’s:
- In addition to Jane the Virgin, Mendez’s credits include:
- Sports narration for HBO’s Sports Minute
- Boxing promos for Showtime
- PBS’s docuseries, Wonders of Mexico
- Disney Junior’s Elena of Avalor
- “Foodtastic is a new 11-episode series where teams of contestants are challenged to create whimsical, larger-than-life, Disney-inspired works of art made out of all types of food including everything from cheese and butter to fruits and vegetables.”
- The series is executive produced by:
- Keke Palmer
- Josh Silberman
- Sarah Happel Jackson
- Sharon Levy
- DJ Nurre
- Michael Heyerman