- Everybody’s Talking About Jamie was slated for a U.S. theatrical release back in February before it was delayed.
- Now, the plan is to have the film skip theaters all together and head right to Amazon Prime on September 17, where it will be available in over 240 countries and territories.
- The film features hit songs from the West End musical, including ‘And You Don’t Even Know It’, ‘The Wall In My Head’ and ‘Everybody’s Talking About Jamie’ as well as a new song ‘This Was Me’, performed by Holly Johnson, lead singer of Frankie Goes to Hollywood.
- Amazon also shared a new teaser/release date announcement for the film:
What they’re saying:
- Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios: “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie has quickly become one of the most beloved musicals of recent years. Jamie’s story is one that resonates across all generations – it’s about unconditional love and we know our global audiences will fall in love with Jamie as he overcomes adversity to truly find his authentic self. We are so thrilled to share this joyful and inspirational story with the world.”
- Director Jonathan Butterell: “I am thrilled that our film – the story of taking your place in the world with joy, pride and acceptance – will be winging its way across the world with the Amazon Family. Let’s come together to celebrate the glorious and fabulous uniqueness of each and every one of us.”
- Jamie New is 16 and doesn’t quite fit in—instead of pursuing a “real” career he dreams of becoming a drag queen. Uncertain about his future, Jamie knows one thing for sure: he is going to be a sensation. Supported by his loving mom and his amazing friends, Jamie overcomes prejudice, beats the bullies and steps out of the darkness, into the spotlight.
- Newcomer Max Harwood
- Sarah Lancashire
- Lauren Patel
- Shobna Gulati
- Ralph Ineson
- Adeel Akhtar
- Samuel Bottomley
- Sharon Horgan
- Richard E. Grant
The creative team:
- Director Jonathan Butterell, making his feature film debut after directing the stage production
- Screenplay and lyrics by Tom MacRae
- Songs by Dan Gillespie Sells
- Score composed by Sells and Anne Dudley
- Producers Mark Herbert, p.g.a, Peter Carlton, p.g.a, and Arnon Milchan
- Executive Producers Yariv Milchan, Michael Schaefer, Natalie Lehmann, Daniel Battsek, Ollie Madden, Peter Balm, Niall Shamma, and Jes Wilkins