- Alex Honnold is ready to take on more of the world’s peaks in On the Edge with Alex Honnold, a new series from National Geographic that was announced today.
- The series will be a Disney+ original and is being produced in collaboration with Plimsoll Productions.
- Honnold will fulfill a lifelong dream of climbing the most remote and toughest walls of greenland while also showcasing how climate change is affecting the region.
- On the Edge with Alex Honnold will not only document these new climbs, but also showcase scientists who explain the impacts of climate change.
- Alex Honnold is the founder of the Honnold Foundation, an environmental nonprofit devoted to fighting climate change by promoting solar energy for a more equitable world.
- Greenland is considered to be “The world’s last great climbing frontier” and the highlight of the journey will be Peak 3342, one of Greenland’s highest peaks that has yet to be climbed.
What They’re Saying:
- Alex Honnold: “I’ve always wanted to climb in Greenland—it has some of the most remote and epic walls in the world. But it’s also being tremendously affected by climate change. I’m very excited about the opportunity to explore the climbing while also sharing some of the local impacts of climate change with a global audience. Our changing climate is the biggest issue facing humanity and I hope that this will help inspire people to take action.”