The espnW: Women + Sports Summit returns this fall as an in-person event October 18-20th. Along with celebrated athletes and business leaders, the 2021 Summit will feature a keynote conversation with actress Halle Berry.
- ESPN has announced that the twelfth annual espnW: Women + Sports Summit presented by Toyota will take place October 18-20th at The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla, California.
- Award-Winning actress Halle Berry will headline the Summit which features key figures in sports, business and entertainment.
- The event includes keynotes, work sessions, panels, presentations and activities focused on advancing women in sports.
- In addition to the in-person experience all programming from the 2021 Summit will also be live streamed across select espnW and ESPN digital and social platforms.
- Sage Steele (SportsCenter anchor, Summit host) and Laura Gentile (EVP, Commercial Marketing, Networks & ESPN; founder of espnW) will provide the opening remarks for the Summit, followed by Berry’s keynote address.
- Berry and Steele will have a conversation discussing Berry’s much-anticipated new film Bruised, in which she makes her directorial debut and stars in the lead role.
- Interviews, photos and additional content will be posted to espnW.com throughout the Summit.
- This year’s experience will be livestreamed and can be viewed by registering at espnWsummit.com, and via Twitter and the ESPN App.
What They’re Saying:
- Laura Gentile: “Each year the Summit brings together intriguing executives and personalities for much-needed conversations at the intersection of women, sports, and culture. We are honored to welcome Halle as the opening keynote to discuss her inspired directorial debut with Bruised. It’s the perfect conversation to kick off our event and, we’re thrilled to safely return to an intimate, in-person experience, while continuing to livestream the Summit to our passionate women + sports community around the globe.”