Cirque Du Soleil is getting ready to debut the new production, Drawn to Life, and the cast and crew are excited (and a bit emotional) as everyone is reuniting to bring the show to the big tent at Disney Springs.
- Seasoned Cirque du Soleil artists were surprised by the overwhelming emotion they felt stepping back inside the iconic white tent at Disney Springs as they prepare to debut Drawn to Life, and that emotion was captured in the video above.
- Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil & Disney is a family-friendly show that will be an exciting new addition to the entertainment lineup at Disney Springs and another incredible way to celebrate the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary.
- For now, costumes and makeup are put away as artists focus on regaining skills and working together as a team.
- The story of Drawn to Life brings timeless Disney Animation classics and characters to life in an unforgettable way through the use of innovative design, acrobatic performances, dazzling choreography, original music, brand-new animation lovingly created by Disney Animation artists, and some extra touches of Disney magic.
- Drawn to Life is made in collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering.
- The story is about the love between a father and daughter, drawing inspiration from Disney animation as Disney stories and characters are brought to life with new animation created by Disney animation artists, acrobatic performances by Cirque du Soleil performers, and musical scores.
- The show was originally scheduled to debut in spring of 2020, but was put on pause due to the pandemic.
- Disney will be sharing more looks behind-the-scenes as the show gets ready for its debut on November 18, 2021.
What They’re Saying:
- David Rimmer, teeterboard artist: “Seeing everyone again, it’s like coming home. It’s like being with family. I really can’t wait to put this show together for everyone to see.”