Following the announcement of Gary Marsh leaving, The Walt Disney Company has announced that Ayo Davis will be taking over as president of Disney Branded Entertainment.
- Deadline has reported that Ayo Davis will be taking over for Gary Marsh as the president of Disney Branded Entertainment.
- Davis was most recently executive vice president of creative development and strategy for Disney Branded Entertainment prior to the promotion.
- Marsh will work with Davis during the transition, as she’ll begin to oversee development and production for Disney’s linear networks and Disney+.
- When Gary Marsh leaves at the end of the year, his new production company will develop content for Disney+, Hulu, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, ABC, National Geographic, Freeform and FX.
About Ayo Davis:
- An ABC veteran, Davis most recently held the position of Executive Vice President, Creative Development and Strategy, Disney Branded Entertainment.
- She was integral to many acclaimed series, including:
- She championed the careers of notable actors such as:
- Viola Davis (How to Get Away with Murder)
- Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives)
- Jesse Williams (Grey’s Anatomy)
- Gina Rodriguez
- Among her other contributions is the launch of ABC Discovers, a host of casting initiatives that aim to discover, nurture and create powerful opportunities for up-and-coming talent from around the world.
- Alumni of the program include Lupita Nyong’o, Gina Rodriguez and Pedro Pascal.
- Davis is a member of the board of trustees of Dillard University and on the T. Howard Foundation’s board of directors for which she was also a 2020 award honoree.
- She was on the 2017 host committee board of Girls Inc. and was a 2016 honoree, as well as a member of Jack and Jill of America Inc., and a supporter of the nonprofit Links Incorporated, an organization that provides community service and mentors youth.
- She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications from Dillard University.