New names dividing the neighborhoods of EPCOT’s formerly titled Future World are starting to appear on the My Disney Experience App over two years after they were announced and just before they become official nomenclature on October 1st.
- Back in 2019, It was announced at the D23 Expo that the name Future World would be disappearing from EPCOT in favor of three new neighborhoods that would re-district the front half of the park.
- Now, over two years later, the first signs of these name changes are starting to appear on the My Disney Experience app, with the neighborhood names appearing in the description for EPCOT attractions.
- While World Showcase at the park will retain the same title and layout, Future World will be divided into three neighborhoods; World Discovery, World Celebration, and World Nature.
- These new names will officially be employed on October 1st, the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World and 39th of EPCOT.
- When the park originally opened in 1982, the layout of Future World was divided with more organic experiences on the West Side of Future World (Seas, Land, Imagination) and more Engineered/Science experiences on the East Side (Energy, Space, Future Tech (Horizons), Medical Advancement and Automotive).
- This structure keeps the same mentality with World Discovery taking over the east side, housing attractions Test Track, Mission: SPACE, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, and the future Play! Pavilion
- In World Nature, guests can find The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Soarin’, Living with the Land, and Awesome Planet in The Land Pavilion and Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment.
- And World Celebration is currently home to Spaceship Earth, as well as more future EPCOT development in the future in the former site of Communicore/Innoventions stretching up to World Showcase.
- Interestingly, though the new names appear in the attraction descriptions on the app, the map feature still shows the bulk of the area with the title “Future World.”