Walt Disney World celebrated a family of Cast Members whose daughter participated in the Olympic Games in Tokyo, bringing home both a Bronze and Gold Medal.
- The Walt Disney World Resort is celebrating a longtime Cast Member family who has shared their love for and dedication to the Walt Disney Company with their daughter, Kaylin, who is an elite runner who fulfilled her own dream of winning Gold and Bronze medals in track and field at the Olympic Games in Tokyo.
- Kaylin Whitney and her parents, DuWayne Whitney and Kerrie Dworetsky, were able to celebrate together for the first time since Kaylin arrived home from the games, and they spent the day with extended family and friends celebrating at EPCOT, a special place where Kerrie has worked for the past 15 years.
- The day was filled with a number of surprises, including a special moment for family and friends to cheer on Kaylin as she “crossed the finish line” to arrive in the France pavilion that morning. With spectators not able to travel to Tokyo this summer, it was a moment that Kaylin’s friends and family had been waiting for.
- Joined by Jeff Vahle, President, Walt Disney World Resort, Thomas Mazloum, President, Disney Signature Experiences, Kartika Rodriguez, Vice President, EPCOT, and the 2022-2023 Walt Disney World Disney Ambassadors, the group cheered with excitement as Kaylin rounded the corner into the France pavilion. After snapping many celebratory photos, the family was able to enjoy the parks together, and even got to experience a preview of Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, opening October 1st in the France pavilion at EPCOT.
- DuWayne, a 25-year cast member who works at Disney Vacation Club, ran track in high school and at the University of Arkansas, inspiring Kaylin to run. Now Kaylin is enjoying traveling around the world while doing what she loves.
- Kaylin’s grandparents both worked at Disney as well, making it a total of 87 years of family employment at Walt Disney World and Kaylin couldn’t wait to come home and return to Walt Disney World.