Disney has a commitment to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for all guests, some of whom use the park’s Disability Access Service (DAS), which now offers pre-registration with virtual chats with Cast Members ahead of guests’ arrivals at the park.
- Disney Parks have an unwavering commitment to providing a welcoming, inclusive environment and accessible experiences for our Guests. As part of this commitment, Disability Access Service (DAS) is a program offered at Walt Disney World theme parks to assist Guests who have difficulty tolerating extended waits in a conventional queue environment due to disability.
- Now, guests can pre-register for the service via a virtual chat session with a Cast Member before their arrival via live video chat or, as was before, in person at Guest Relations during a park visit.
- Cast Members will work with Guests individually to discuss specific requests and offer assistance. Before you register, make sure to:
- add your travel party to your Family & Friends list, so they can be included in DAS plans
- link valid theme park admission for each member of your party
- ensure that the Guest who is requesting to use DAS is present at the time of registration, either via live video chat or at one of the Guest Relations Main Entrance locations
- Eligible guests now have the option to pre-register virtually with a Cast Member via live video chat between 2 to 30 days in advance of a park visit.
- If DAS is provided, you (or a parent/guardian if under 18 years of age) will participate in the registration process, which requires having a photo taken.
- DAS is valid for up to 60 days. After this time period, you’ll need to re-register. Please note: at this time, live chat will be offered in English only.
- When you’re ready to chat with a Cast Member to register for DAS, you can engage in a live video chat using the “Request Live Video Chat” button on the official Walt Disney World Website.
- Make sure the device has a working camera and a microphone.
- The live chat is available from 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM Eastern Time, and interestingly, recording of the video chat is not permitted.
- The Guest requesting DAS (or their parent/guardian) must be 18 years of age or older to register. The Guest requesting to use DAS must be present during the video call. The video chat is screen reader-friendly for Guests with visual disabilities and available with text chat for Guests with hearing disabilities.
- At this time, live chat is offered in English only.
- During your initial registration call, you’ll be able to work with a Cast Member to pre-select up to 2 experiences per day of your visit (subject to availability). These selections are in addition to the return times you can request throughout the day of your actual park visit. If an experience is available, you’ll be given a one-hour return window to redeem during the day of your visit. Any selections you make will appear as plans on the My Disney Experience app or on the official Walt Disney World Website.
- If you prefer to register in person, that option is still available, and you can stop by a Guest Relations Main Entrance location during a park visit.
- Guest Relations Main Entrance Locations at Walt Disney World Resort:
- If DAS is provided, you (or a parent/guardian) will participate in the registration process, which requires having a photo taken, and once issued, is valid for up to 60 days. After this time period, you’ll need to re-register.