Wolverine’s ongoing series returns this April with more thrills by the same creative team, writer Benjamin Percy and artist Adam Kubert with Wolverine #20.
- The duo of masterful Wolverine storytellers have been delivering non-stop action-packed adventures in what is shaping up to be one of the greatest Wolverine runs in recent history. Now in the aftermath of X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE, they’re back to take the character on some of his most brutal missions yet. And this time, Deadpool is coming along for the ride!
- Deadpool was the king of Staten Island and now he’s navigating his ways of being an honorary citizen of Krakoa. Wolverine just wants him to shut up. But when Deadpool uncovers a dangerous plot that could mean doom for the mutants’ safe haven, it’s going to take a titanic team-up of the Best There Is and the Merc with a Mouth to quell the threat. But that doesn’t mean Logan has to like it.
What They’re Saying:
- Benjamin Percy, Creative Team said:
- “For ten weeks, the X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE will take readers on an epic, time-shredding adventure that sets up the next era of the mutant books: Destiny of X. How do you follow up something like that? You keep raising the bar higher. Readers will not only experience a non-stop thrill ride, starting in April, but a kickoff story that is as irreverent and hilarious as it is heart-bruised,”
- “We've been teasing Deadpool for some time now, and he's bullying his way into the pages of Wolverine for a wild (and reluctant) team-up that feels like some cousin to Midnight Run and The Fugitive. Get ready for more Maverick mayhem, more CIA spycraft, and more DANGER (yes, you read that right) at every turn.”
- “I know this is impossible to fathom, but Adam Kubert has never been better, his mind-blowing layouts — including a motorcycle action sequence for the ages — are beyond comparison.”
- Adam Kubert, Creative Team said:
- “Every time a new character or storyline is introduced in WOLVERINE, it feels like a fresh start and an opportunity for Ben and me to reinvent the wheel,”
- “WOLVERINE #20 is no exception with one exception. Deadpool's not a new character. Having drawn him before (most recently on the cover to DEADPOOL BLACK WHITE AND BLOOD #1), I feel more like I'm visiting an old friend. Things change, yes, but our relationship stays the same. For me, DEADPOOL remains one of Marvel's greatest characters. Featuring him alongside Wolverine doesn't get any better and I hope (and think) you'll feel the same… Bub!”
- “Without giving away any spoilers, this is going to be an explosive and complicated year for the mutants,”
- “You'll soon learn how the future of Krakoa (and mutantkind) is in peril, and Wolverine will of course be at the center of it all, slashing and hacking away.”