David Cobb has been promoted to senior vice president, Operations and Content Planning, Disney Branded Television; it was announced today by Ayo Davis, president, Disney Branded Television.
- In this new role, Cobb is responsible for strategic oversight and content planning for Disney Branded Television, a provider of original content — scripted and unscripted, live-action and animated — for Disney+, Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior, with a primary focus on imaginative, aspirational stories geared towards kids, tweens, teens and families.
- The Disney Branded Television team includes Disney Television Animation Studios.
- Cobb will also now oversee studio operations and technology teams supporting Disney Television Animation and the entertainment property acquisitions and partnerships for Disney Branded Television overall.
- He also serves as a strategic advisor to Davis and the executive leadership team.
- Reporting to Cobb is Scott Erickson, vice president, Technology, Disney Television Animation, the yet-to-be-announced vice president, Studio Strategy and Operations, Disney Television Animation, and Kelly Fountaine, manager integrated culture, Disney Branded Television.
- Previously, since 2010, Cobb was vice president, Business Planning and Strategy, Disney Channels.
- He joined The Walt Disney Company in 1996 and held positions in Disney Consumer Products, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disney Parks and Resorts divisions.
- Cobb has a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Architecture from University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and a Bachelor of Science in civil and environmental engineering from Tennessee Technological University.
What they’re saying:
- Ayo Davis, president, Disney Branded Television: “David’s expertise in addressing complex strategic issues, along with his depth of knowledge of Disney Channels and the entertainment business, makes him the perfect candidate for this new position. He has a great track record, and as a leader, inspires confidence in those around him. I look forward to working closely with David to leverage the vast possibilities for Disney Branded Television.”