The Crew behind the latest film from Pixar Animation Studios, Lightyear, is sharing a bit of backstory and trivia regarding the film.
- Director and Writer Angus MacLane, Producer Galyn Susman, and more take a closer look and share some fun facts from behind the scenes of the latest film from Pixar Animation Studios, Lightyear.
- In the video above, some of the cast and crew from the film share a bit of insight into what makes Buzz Lightyear the human different from Buzz Lightyear the toy.
- They also share a bit of Pixar and Lightyear trivia regarding the new film, including that this is the first Pixar film ever produced in the IMAX format.
- A sci-fi action adventure and the definitive origin story of Buzz Lightyear, the hero who inspired the toy, Lightyear follows the legendary Space Ranger after he’s marooned on a hostile planet 4.2 million light-years from Earth alongside his commander and their crew. As Buzz tries to find a way back home through space and time, he’s joined by a group of ambitious recruits and his charming robot companion cat, Sox. Complicating matters and threatening the mission is the arrival of Zurg, an imposing presence with an army of ruthless robots and a mysterious agenda.
- The film features the voices of Chris Evans as accomplished Space Ranger Buzz Lightyear, Uzo Aduba as his commander and best friend Alisha Hawthorne and Peter Sohn as Sox. Keke Palmer, Taika Waititi and Dale Soules lend their voices to the Junior Zap Patrol’s Izzy Hawthorne, Mo Morrison and Darby Steel, respectively, and James Brolin can be heard as the enigmatic Zurg.
- The voice cast also includes Mary McDonald-Lewis as onboard computer I.V.A.N., Isiah Whitlock Jr. as Commander Burnside, Efren Ramirez as Airman Diaz, and Keira Hairston as Young Izzy. Directed by Angus MacLane (co-director Finding Dory), produced by Galyn Susman (Toy Story That Time Forgot) and featuring a score by award-winning composer Michael Giacchino (The Incredibles, Up), Pixar’s Lightyear opens only in theaters on June 17, 2022.