All four days of the ladies’ and gentlemen's singles qualifying for The Championships at Wimbledon will be seen starting Monday, June 20th, exclusively on ESPN+. This will all be taking place at the Bank of England Sports Center in Roehampton. Here's what was shared in the official press release.
- Qualifying for the coveted few open slots in the Wimbledon draws – 16 each for Gentlemen and Ladies – will begin each day at 6 a.m. ET through Thursday, June 23, with four matches scheduled per day. ESPN has presented the Qualifying rounds exclusively since they began being produced in 2017, and ESPN+ has been the exclusive home since it debuted in 2018.
Familiar Americans in the Wimbledon Gentlemen’s Qualifying Draw:
- No. 1 seed Jack Sock, who was once ranked No. 8 in singles, has had great success in doubles. The 29-year-old has three Major victories in Men’s Doubles (twice at Wimbledon, US Open) and one in Mixed Doubles (US Open).
- Stefan Kozlov is seeded No. 3. The 24-year-old made his ATP World Tour debut in 2013 when only 15. A year later, he reached two junior Grand Slam finals and finished the year at No. 3 in the ITF Junior Combined rankings.
Top U.S. women in the Wimbledon Ladies’ Qualifying Draw:
- The top seed is American Bernardo Pera. She was born in Croatia, but her father is a U.S. citizen. Pera has one WTA doubles title to her credit along with nine singles and eight doubles titles on the ITF circuit.
- CoCo Vandeweghe of California is seeded No. 7. She reached the semifinals of the Australian and US Opens in 2017 and cracked the Top 10 in 2018. That year, she and Ashleigh Barty teamed to win the US Open Women’s Doubles crown.
- Once the main draw begins on Monday, June 27, ESPN+ will offer coverage from multiple courts all day, every day for 14 days through Sunday, July 10. Match selections will be made daily.
ESPN & Wimbledon:
- ESPN has televised Wimbledon since 2003, with exclusivity in the U.S. since 2012. ESPN’s “first ball to last ball” coverage – all day, every day, Monday, June 27 – Sunday, July 10 – is highlighted by the unprecedented “Cross Court Coverage” the second Monday-Wednesday with day-long coverage on both ESPN and ESPN2.
- The fortnight culminates with five championships on ESPN: the Mixed Doubles Championship on Thursday, July 7; the Ladies’ Championship and the Gentlemen’s Doubles Championship on Saturday, July 9; and the Gentlemen’s Championship and Ladies’ Doubles Championship on Sunday, July 10.
Wimbledon Qualifying on ESPN+:
- Mon June 20 6 a.m. Wimbledon Qualifying ESPN+ Live
- Tue June 21 6 a.m. Wimbledon Qualifying ESPN+ Live
- Wed June 22 6 a.m. Wimbledon Qualifying ESPN+ Live
- Thur June 23 6 a.m. Wimbledon Qualifying ESPN+ Live