According to Deadline, Jeremy Swift (Ted Lasso) and Leonardo Nam (Westworld) have joined the cast of the fourth film in the Descendants franchise, The Pocketwatch.
- Jeremy Swift and Leonardo Nam have joined the cast of The Pocketwatch, which just went into production earlier this week.
- Swift will portray Principal Merlin, the principal of Merlin Academy, who does his best to use his own magic to keep powerful, dangerous magic away from his students.
- Nam will play Maddox, the son of the Mad Hatter working as the royal inventor-in-chief for the Queen of Hearts. He’s also Red’s (Kylie Cantrall) inquisitive and irrepressibly curious tutor and friend.
- The Descendants movies unfurled an imaginative mythology of two new lands, idyllic Auradon and the ragtag Isle of the Lost, home to the teenage progeny of Disney's most iconic characters and notably, its most notorious villains. The bold new story of The Pocketwatch returns to these lands and also takes audiences through the rabbit hole to the hostile unincorporated territory of Wonderland, a magical, mysterious place made famous in Alice in Wonderland.
- The expansive new story finds polar opposites Red and Chloe crossing paths at a momentous celebration in Auradon when unexpected chaos breaks out. In order to prevent an impending coup, they must join forces to travel back in time, via a magical pocket watch created by the Mad Hatter’s son, to stop an event that would lead to grave consequences.
- Brandy and Rita Ora will star in the film as Cinderella and the Queen of Hearts, respectively.
- The cast also includes
- China Anne McClain as “Uma” (Descendants 2 and Descendants 3)
- Kylie Cantrall as “Red” (Gabby Duran and the Unsittables)
- Dara Reneé as “Ulyana” (High School Musical: The Musical: The Series)
- Malia Baker as “Chloe” (The Babysitter’s Club)
- Ruby Rose Turner as “Bridget/Young Queen of Hearts” (Coop and Cami Ask the World)
- Morgan Dudley as “Ella/Young Cinderella” (Broadway’s Jagged Little Pill)
- Joshua Colley as “Hook” (Senior Year)
- Melanie Paxson as “Fairy Godmother” (Dealbreakers)
- Lauded filmmaker Jennifer Phang (The Flight Attendant) is the director and co-executive producer of The Pocketwatch, and the script was written by Dan Frey and Russell Sommer (Magic: The Gathering).
- Returning to the franchise is production designer Mark Hofeling (Descendants, Zombies). Suzanne Todd (Noelle) and Gary Marsh are executive producers and the casting directors are Alexis Frank Koczara and Christine Smith Shevchenko (The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers).
- The Pocketwatch is coming soon to Disney Channel and Disney+.