- There have been so many changes since the return of CEO Bob Iger to the Walt Disney Company, and ESPN is no exception.
- ESPN Chairman Jimmy Pitaro has given the responsibility of overseeing content and newsgathering to Burke Magnus.
- Magnus is a veteran ESPN executive who has helped the sports media giant with sports rights deals with most of the major sport leagues as well as setting up new content initiatives.
- According to a new memo from Pitaro, Magnus has been named president of content.
- He will supervise studio shows, news gatherings, live events, investigative journalism, original content/ESPN Films, and more.
- Rosalyn Durant, a Disney veteran, has been overseeing Disney facilities in its parks division. He will be returning to ESPN as executive vice president of programming and acquisitions.