View Update Details: Last Update: 6/15/2020
6/15/2020: Created Page
Hong Kong Disneyland Reopening
After being closed for several months, Hong Kong Disneyland is excited to welcome guests back to their theme park and resorts. Hong Kong Disneyland Resort hotels are currently open to guests and accepting reservations. The park is scheduled to open on June 18th. Below is a list of updated health and safety guidelines that guests, and Cast Members will be required to follow during their visit.
Guidelines, Restrictions, and Safety Measures
While it’s exciting to know that Disney attractions and delicious Mickey shaped foods are things guests will be experiencing later this year, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort reopening plan comes with new health and safety guidelines designed to protect all guests and Cast Members. From face coverings and temperature checks, to elevated cleaning standards, there are several new measures guests can expect to encounter on their next visit to Hong Kong Disneyland.
Health and Safety Measures
During this initial reopening phase, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort will implement measures and procedures that comply with government regulations and focus on the needs of guests and cast members. These will include social distancing with capacity control and enhanced health and safety measures across various experiences, from queues and dining to entertainment.
Given the constantly changing global health environment, these practices may evolve as we consider the latest guidance. We all have an important role to play in promoting health and safety. As we do our part, we also ask our guests to do theirs:
- Prior to entering the park, guests will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature at 37.5°C (99.5°F) or above may not enter.
- Face masks are required inside the park for all guests and Cast Members.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the park and guests are encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
Other Safety Measures
In addition to face coverings and temperature checks, guests can expect the following when they visit Hong Kong Disneyland
- Managed and reduced daily park attendance
- Custodial teams have increased the frequency of cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
- Queues have social distance markers to keep parties separated.
- Attraction vehicles have modified seating to keep distance between groups of Guests.
- Restaurants will have reduced seating capacity with some tables blocked to provide more space between tables.
- The park will only accept contactless payment methods (ApplePay, GooglePay, NFC Credit Card), with mobile payments encouraged.
Hong Kong Disneyland
Hong Kong Disneyland will begin its phased reopening on:
June 18, 2020
- Guests will have to reserve the date of their visit with a ticket purchase and can do so up to 7 days in advance.
- Magic Access members (similar to Annual Passholders) can reserve their date of entry 8 days in advance.
- Guests are also required to make a health declaration as part of the Park Visit Reservation process.
- All rides and theaters will operate with controlled capacity and social distancing measures to support social distancing between groups of guests on the same ride vehicle and accommodate spaced seating.
- Character experiences will also be adjusted during appearances to take photos at a distance. Some interactive experiences including parades, close interactions and close-up photos with characters will be suspended during the initial phase of reopening.
- Guests can check the availability of attractions and entertainment offerings through the resort’s official website and mobile app:
- Special seating arrangements will also be introduced inside restaurants with food being served with covers or packaging and pre-packed cutlery.
- Guests are encouraged to use contactless payment when possible.
- Guests are required to wear a face mask during their visit, except when enjoying food or drinks at catering premises.
- Cast members are required to wear a face mask while performing their work. For roles that require further precautionary standards, such as handling of food and beverages, medical treatment or waste, a higher protective gear requirement is implemented.
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Hotels
All Hong Kong Disneyland Resort hotels are currently open to guests. As with all of Disney’s phased reopening plans, guests can expect new health and safety measures to be in effect at each location.
Health and Safety Measures
Out of consideration for the health and safety of our guests and Cast Members, we have adjusted some of the services provided at our hotels. These adjustments include but not limited to:
- Reducing the degree of interpersonal interaction
- Adjusting the format of engagement with guests
- Certain Character experiences and activities are also suspended
- These adjustments will remain until further notice.