On Labor Day I decided to labor by taking a solo trip to Animal Kingdom to see what I could see. I got there earlier than I normally get to the parks – about 10am and it was very warm already. Some things I saw…
- Tusker House was closed as it transforms into a sit down restaurant. With its closure Tamu Tamu Refreshments counter service is searching a chef's salad and sandwiches.
- The line for Finding Nemo stretched all the way back to Dinorama. I think it's still doing well.
- The Yak and Yeti restaurant continues to come along. We'll have pictures in our next WDW Update this week.
- The area around Kali can get really crowded on a hot day. I'm sure the construction of Yak and Yeti doesn't help.
- Went to Pizzafari to grab a quick snack and noticed they served breakfast in the mornings. Who knew? (I should have). Ended up not getting a snack because of the line. It wasn't that long, but I was that impatient.
- Saw a storytelling duo in Asia near the exit of Expedition: Everest that I hadn't seen before. A violinist and a storyteller who get the kids involved with masks.
- The Village Beatniks that perform across from Flame Tree BBQ are quite entertaining with their high energy.
- The African Karuka Acrobats always amass quite a crowd for their performances next to Tusker House.
- I thought it was funny that at about 11:20a there was a lined formed outside Restaurantosaurus (McDonald's) waiting for it to open.
It was a short, fun 2 hour trip through Animal Kingdom. Another great Disney Day!
PS: As I type this I'm watching a Travel Channel show on the Bellagio fountains in Las Vegas and they said Kenny Ortega of High School Musical and Newsies directing fame did the choreography for the fountains!