This Sunday, the CHOC Walk in the Park will once again be held at the Disneyland Resort to support the Children’s Hospital of Orange County. Laughing Place is pleased to announce that it has made a donation of $10,000 to the Walk and will donate any proceeds from our coverage of the Disneyland Resort from July 17 through August 11 (the day of the CHCO Walk).
If you would like to join us in supporting this worthy cause, you can make a donation at the CHOC Walk website.
- Named one of the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News & World Report (2017-2018)
- Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, CHOC’s regional health care network includes two state-of-the-art hospitals in Orange and Mission Viejo, many primary and specialty care clinics, a pediatric residency program, and four clinical centers of excellence – the CHOC Children’s Heart, Neuroscience, Orthopaedic and Hyundai Cancer Institutes.
About CHOC Walk:
- The first CHOC Walk stretched over five miles, starting at Main Place Mall in Santa Ana, past CHOC Children’s and through neighborhoods to the Disneyland Park parking lot.
- By its third year, the event had outgrown its route and moved to South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa for the next nine years.
- In 2002, the fundraising event returned to “The Happiest Place on Earth” and was transformed into “CHOC Walk in the Park,” presented by the Disneyland Resort.
- Over its 29-year history, the annual event has raised more than $35 million for CHOC Children’s and CHOC at Mission Hospital.
- The 5k event also has the distinction of being the largest and most unique pediatric fundraiser in the nation.
- Among the CHOC Walk’s estimated 14,000 walkers and 450 teams are participants from across the U.S. and around the world, including Canada, Mexico, Australia, and Japan.