Netflix has signed a multi-year creative partnership with Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, showrunner of The Witcher.
- Bela Bajaria, Netflix Head of Global TV, revealed that the streamer has signed a multi-year agreement with Lauren Schmidt Hissrich.
- The news was revealed during the TCA Summer Press Tour.
- Schmidt Hissrich will write and produce scripted series content and other creative projects for Netflix.
- Lauren Schmidt Hissrich is the showrunner/executive producer of the hit series The Witcher and spin-off projects including the upcoming prequel series The Witcher: Blood Origin and the anime series The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf.
- The creator’s past work has included serving as co-executive producer on Marvel Netflix shows including Daredevil and Defenders as well as ABC’s Private Practice for two seasons.
What They’re Saying:
- Lauren Schmidt Hissrich: “I am so thrilled to have found my home at Netflix, and can’t wait to continue what’s been an incredibly fulfilling creative partnership. While my heart belongs to The Witcher Franchise, I equally look forward to digging in on other exciting projects for their global audience in the years to come.”
- Bela Bajaria: “Lauren is a formidable talent with a strong creative vision and diverse skill-set that she brings to every project she touches. Lauren’s work on The Witcher has firmly established her as both a preeminent creator and showrunner, and we’re excited to continue working with her on future projects.”
Alex joined the Laughing Place team in 2014 and has been a lifelong Disney fan. His main beats for LP are Disney-branded movies, TV shows, books, music and toys. He recently became a member of the Television Critics Association (TCA).