CBS’ “Lively” new comedy series Ghosts premieres on October 7th, with a first look teaser now available.
- CBS has released a tutorial video about how to haunt a house to promote the upcoming sitcom, Ghosts.
- The show is an Americanization of a critically acclaimed BBC series of the same name that premiered in 2019.
- Ghosts is set in upstate New York in a bed & breakfast called Woodstone Manor.
- Catch the premiere of Ghosts on Thursday, October 7th at 9/8c on CBS and streaming live and on-demand on Paramount+.
Ghosts is a single-camera comedy about Samantha and Jay, a cheerful freelance journalist and up-and-coming chef from the city, respectively, who throw both caution and money to the wind when they decide to convert a huge rundown country estate they inherited into a bed & breakfast—only to find it’s inhabited by the many spirits of deceased residents who now call it home. The departed souls are a close-knit, eclectic group that includes a saucy Prohibition-era lounge singer (Danielle Pinnock); a pompous 1700’s Militiaman (Brandon Scott Jones); a ‘60s hippie fond of hallucinogens (Sheila Carrasco); an overly upbeat ‘80s scout troop leader (Richie Moriarty); a cod-obsessed Viking explorer from 1009 (Devon Chandler Long); a slick ‘90s finance bro (Asher Grodman); a sarcastic and witty Native from the 1500s (Román Zaragoza); and a society woman and wife of an 1800’s robber baron who is Samantha’s ancestor (Rebecca Wisocky), to name a few. If the spirits were anxious about the commotion a renovation and B&B will create in their home, it’s nothing compared to when they realize Samantha is the first live person who can see and hear them.
- Rose McIver (Samantha)
- Utkarsh Ambudkar (Jay)
- Brandon Scott Jones (Isaac)
- Richie Moriarty (Pete)
- Danielle Pinnock (Alberta)
- Asher Grodman (Trevor)
- Román Zaragoza (Sasappis)
- Sheila Carrasco (Flower)
- Rebecca Wisocky (Hetty)
- Devan Chandler Long (Thorfinn)
Alex joined the Laughing Place team in 2014 and has been a lifelong Disney fan. His main beats for LP are Disney-branded movies, TV shows, books, music and toys. He recently became a member of the Television Critics Association (TCA).