FX has ordered two sessions of Welcome to Wrexham, a documentary series about the Welsh soccer club purchased by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney.
- Actor Ryan Reynolds took to Twitter to share a teaser for his new documentary series Welcome to Wrexham, coming to FX.
- The series will follow Reynolds and fellow actor Rob McElhenney (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) as they navigate their latest acquisition, the 3rd oldest football club in the world.
- According to Deadline, FX has ordered two seasons of the series, which follows the actors as they navigate owning the Welsh soccer club they recently purchased.
- The series will also shine a spotlight on the players in Wrexham, a working-class town in North Wales.
- Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney both serve as executive producers alongside Nick Frenkel, John Henion and Boardwalk Pictures (Andrew Fried, Dane Lillegard, Jordan Wynn and Sarina Roma).
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) May 18, 2021
What They’re Saying:
- Nick Grad, president of original programming at FX Entertainment: : “Rob and Ryan will take fans inside the sport as never before, pairing their genuine love for the game with the welcome challenge of building on the heritage of this club.”