Calling all artists! Have you ever wanted to see your work on display at BoxLunch? Well have we got some news for you. BoxLunch and Disney, have teamed up to host a Lilo & Stitch fan art contest. Winning designs will be used to create merchandise that will then be sold in select stores.
- Starting today, Disney and BoxLunch are hosting a fan art contest! Fans of Lilo & Stitch are invited to submit their best creative designs featuring the beloved characters.
- Artists will have three weeks to submit up to 10 entires, and then fan voting will being. The contest will also be officially judged by three industry professionals.
- Official Rule, FAQ’s, guidelines and all important information can be found on the contest page.
- Tell your ohana: The Lilo & Stitch Fan Art Contest – presented by BoxLunch and powered by Fan Factory – is here!
- To enter, submit an original design inspired by Experiment 626 and friends.
- Grand prize includes $2,000 + If we end up using your designs on our merchandise, you’ll receive an additional commission.
- Submissions Accepted:
- From 8/24/2018 at 12:00 am PST
- Until 9/20/2018 at 11:59 pm PST
- Begins 9/25 at 12:00am PST
- Ends 10/2 at 11:59pm PST
- Create and submit an original piece of art inspired by Disney Lilo & Stitch for a chance to win an opportunity for your art to be used on a licensed product.
- Explore the full story of Lilo & Stitch- incorporate secondary characters and environments.
- Stay true to the nature of the characters.
- This is your chance to let your Lilo & Stitch fandom really come through. Your designs and illustrations can include current themes or favorite icons associated with Lilo & Stitch.
- Do not use any copyrighted, 3rd party, obscene or inappropriate content, language or imagery. They will not be considered. Winning submissions are intended to become officially licensed product.
- Avoid using Stitch dressed as Elvis Presley.
- Avoid polarizing topics.
- Do not copy any existing artists or artwork. The submission will not be considered!
- Do not submit images or pictures (film stills) from the Disney titles. You must create your own original art.
- Do not incorporate any other brands or product with Lilo & Stitch; they cannot appear to be endorsing another brand or featured with another brand. Lilo & Stitch cannot be depicted with other Disney franchises such as Disney•Pixar, Lucasfilm, or Marvel or any other Disney film.
- Refer to the official Rules and Regulations for more information.
- Jordan Miller: Jordan is the women’s & little girls apparel buyer at BoxLunch. Similar to Lilo, Ohana is one of the most important thing in Jordan’s life. Unlike Lilo she only wishes she lived in Hawaii. When she is not spending time with family you can find her at the beach, the closet ice cream shop, or Disneyland.
- Linda Ean: Linda has never convinced an alien race that mosquitoes were an endangered species or met Pudge who controls the weather, but she is the Buyer of Handbags and Small Accessories at BoxLunch. As a buyer, she’s one part product developer, one part negotiator, two parts handbag enthusiast, and three parts lover of cute and fluffy animals.
- Heather Laing: Heather has been a part of Disney Product Design & Development for over 10 years and oversees all Softlines categories of business – including Fashion, Accessories, Home Infant, Pets and Stationery. Heather holds a degree in Fashion Design from Pratt Institute. Prior to joining Disney, she was at DLXSF and Betsey Johnson. She is a lover of all things Disney, proud “paw-rent” to 5 rescue chihuahuas, an avid fan of tiny plastic dinosaurs and scared of zombies.
Minor housekeeping note:
- Please know BoxLunch (Hot Topic Inc.) and Disney reserve the right to pre-approve all submitted designs before they are released to the public for brand compliance. While we appreciate your enthusiasm – not all submissions will be available for voting.