In the upcoming winter issue of Disney twenty-three the fan club spoke with the company bringing Frozen to the Broadway stage, including the Tony Award-winning creative team of Michael Grandage, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez, Rob Ashford, and Christopher Oram and its stars Caissie Levy (Elsa) and Patti Murin (Anna). The group spoke about their excitement for expanding the show’s story, score, and characters—including an all-new opening number.
In other features Black Panther director Ryan Coogler and executive producer Nate Moore whisk readers off to Wakanda to get the inside story behind the making of the latest Marvel film. Disney twenty-three also visited the set of A Wrinkle in Time, speaking with director Ava DuVernay about her adaptation of the classic story.
Plus, in honor of Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s 20th anniversary, Imagineer Joe Rohde shares 20 ways this innovative theme park—which he has worked on since its inception—broke the mold.
Also included in the spring issue of Disney twenty-three:
- A look inside D23’s 2018 Gold Member Gift, Walt Disney’s Mickey Mouse
- The imagination and origination of Tokyo Disney Resort
- The inside-the-nursery story of Disney Junior’s all-new Muppet Babies
- Spectacular artwork that inspired Peter Pan, which celebrates its 65th anniversary this year
- A visit to the office of Disney’s Animal Kingdom vice president Djuan Rivers
- Regular features including Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave
The magazine is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving in mid-February.