- Stanley will take on the role of Kim Possible originally voiced by Christy Carlson Romano and Giambrone will play Ron Stoppable (voiced by Will Friedle on the original).
- 16-year-old Sadie Stanley landed the role in her first-ever audition, although she has since guest-starred on Nickelodeon’s Game Shakers.
- Fans may recognize 18-year-old Sean Giambrone from ABC’s The Goldbergs on which he plays Adam
- The Disney Channel Original Movie based is based on global hit animated series about an everyday high school girl who, in her spare time, saves the world from villains. That program first premiered in 2002 and ran until 2007. It produced 87 episodes and two animated films.
- Orignal series creators Mark McCorkle and Bob Schooley are writing the script for the film with Josh Cagan (The DUFF, Bandslam).
- Kim Possible will go into production this summer and is set to debut in 2019.
- Disney Channel also released a fun video of Christy Carlson Romano and Will Friedle trying out for the roles:
What they’re saying:
- Judy Taylor, senior vice president of Casting and Talent Relations at Disney Channel: “Sadie delivers Kim’s confidence, smarts, and agility; most importantly, she’s an everyday girl with an extraordinary spirit. Sean is such a magnetic actor; he always finds the right balance of physical comedy and heart. We’re excited for audiences to see Sadie and Sean bring these iconic roles to life.”
More on Kim Possible:
- The hit show was the inspiration for the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure interactive attraction in Epcot, which Cole detailed in his Disney Extinct Attractions blog. The game was replaced by Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure in 2012.
- This current project was confirmed in February when the network announced it was casting for the live-action DCOM.