Lenovo and Disney are bringing Augmented Reality to a whole new level. Lenovo’s Star Wars: Jedi Challenge already allows fans to participate in a lightsaber battle with Jedi and Sith, but what if they could truly fight one on one with other fans? The latest addition from the tech company will give them that chance.
- Lenovo has just announced a new free update to their Star Wars: Jedi Challenge game. This second enhancement allows players to battle one on one in local multiplayer mode.
- For the full experience, gamers can purchase the Star Wars: Jedi Challenge Augmented Reality kit that includes:
- Lenovo Mirage AR headset
- Lightsaber controller
- Tracking beacon
- Phone tray
- Lightning to Micro-USB cable
- USB-C to Micro-USB cable
- Micro-USB to Micro-USB cable
- AA battery x2
- 5V/1A wall-charger and power cable
- Quick start guide
- Prices and retailers may vary by region. Star Wars: Jedi Challenge is also available through Lenovo.
- The new Lightsaber Versus Mode is currently available in the Star Wars: Jedi Challenge app and can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Star Wars: Jedi Challenge puts players in the middle of the action:
- Lightsaber Battles: Perfect your skills and take on some of the most menacing villains including Kylo Ren, Darth Vader, and more
- Strategic Combat: Command forces against enemies in large-scale legendary ground wars
- Holochess: Outwit your opponents in the ultimate game of concentration and strategy in the beloved Star Wars board game that first appeared in A New Hope.
What they’re saying:
- Jeff Meredith, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Lenovo Consumer PCs and Smart Devices: Innovating and iterating based on customer feedback is a big part of what makes Lenovo products different and better. One of the most popular fan requests since the launch of Star Wars: Jedi Challenges is to enable 1-on-1 local multiplayer mode for fans to duel one another in lightsaber battles. We’re excited to continue collaborating with Disney to fulfill fans’ wishes by testing the frontiers of augmented reality. The introduction of the Lightsaber Versus Mode is another step in our journey to offering consumers one-of-a-kind, immersive experiences made possible by AR.”
- Kyle Laughlin, Senior Vice President, Games and Interactive Experiences, Disney Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products: “Our goal here is to extend Star Wars experiences in completely new and different ways for fans —Star Wars: Jedi Challenges does exactly that. The product’s global success has encouraged us to give players even more authentic Star Wars moments, and we look forward to continuing to improve and expand the gameplay.”
Hooray for Star Wars Day:
- The Millennium Falcon Experience is touring four lucky cities giving fans a chance to step aboard the iconic spacecraft.
- Stay tuned to Laughing Place’s Star Wars Day 2018 liveblog for fun updates and happening around the world.
- Don’t have Star Wars: Jedi Challenge yet? Check out these other games, discounts, free offers and more from Star Wars.