According to a report in the Tribune 242, Disney Cruise Line could be investing in some private real estate in the Bahamas. Rumors of the company’s interest in the Bahamas were confirmed by a Disney spokesperson on Monday, although they did not specifically mention the site itself.
- Rumors of Disney Cruise Line’s interest in purchasing property in the Bahamas were confirmed by spokeswoman, Kim Prunty — Vice President, Communications (Disney Cruise Line & Signature Experiences).
- A 700-acre property in Lighthouse Point on the island of Eleuthera has recently been posted for sale by Bahamas Realty.
- The listing boasts an “ideal setting for a grand vision, with exceptional beachfront acreage, colorful coral reefs and a breathtaking landscape. The perfect locale for a vacation home, hotel and marina development.”
- The island is privately owned however, residents of Eleuthera are showing concern regarding the sale of the property.
- Eleuthera’s residents launched a digital campaign, Save Lighthouse Point highlighting the importance and history of the island. They are encouraging others to sign a petition against the sale.
What they’re saying: