This morning, Disney is offering a first-look at their upcoming film Dumbo.
- Directed by Tim Burton, this live-action version of the classic animated film stars Colin Farrell, Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito, Eva Green, Alan Arkin, Finley Hobbins, and Nico Parker. It’s also written by Ehren Kruger.
- Dumbo is slated to fly into theatres March 29th, 2019.
- The first teaser trailer features a version of the beautiful “Baby Mine” performed by singer-songwriter Aurora.
- In addition to the teaser trailer, a new poster for the film was released as well.
What they’re saying
- Official film synopsis: From Disney and visionary director Tim Burton, the all-new grand live-action adventure “Dumbo” expands on the beloved classic story where differences are celebrated, family is cherished and dreams take flight. Circus owner Max Medici (Danny DeVito) enlists former star Holt Farrier (Colin Farrell) and his children Milly (Nico Parker) and Joe (Finley Hobbins) to care for a newborn elephant whose oversized ears make him a laughingstock in an already struggling circus. But when they discover that Dumbo can fly, the circus makes an incredible comeback, attracting persuasive entrepreneur V.A. Vandevere (Michael Keaton), who recruits the peculiar pachyderm for his newest, larger-than-life entertainment venture, Dreamland. Dumbo soars to new heights alongside a charming and spectacular aerial artist, Colette Marchant (Eva Green), until Holt learns that beneath its shiny veneer, Dreamland is full of dark secrets.
- Walt Disney’s classic animated tale Dumbo, which opened October 23rd, 1941, won an Oscar for best scoring of a musical picture and was nominated for best original song for “Baby Mine.”
- While unrelated to the upcoming film, the popular Dumbo ride at Disneyland recently got a but of an update, sporting a new, shaded queue area. Take a look for yourself in our Disneyland Resort update from May.
Disney’s Dumbo will hit theatres March 29th, 2019.