Thalys has announced a new service route that will connect Marne la Vallée (near Disneyland Paris) to Amsterdam.
- The new line will include stops in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Antwerp, Brussels, Roissy (Charles de Gaulle Airport) and Marne-la-Vallée.
- Marne la Vallée station is mere feet (or meters, as it were) from Disneyland Paris.
- According to International Railway Journal, the service is set to begin in April 2019 and the route will operate twice daily.
- A trip between Amsterdam and Marne la Vallée will take 3 hours and 41 minutes.
- When the new service begins, a previous route connecting Amsterdam and Lille, France will be discontinued.
What they’re saying:
- Euro Disney Group (via Twitter): “The arrival of Thalys in Marne la Vallée-Chessy, contributes to improve the general accessibility of our destination but also the urban pole of Val d’Europe.”
In other news — Disneyland Paris:
- While it’s reopening was expected this fall, Disneyland Paris announced early this week that the classic attraction Phantom Manor won’t be welcoming guests until early 2019. When it does return, the voice of Vincent Price will also be restored to the attraction in some capacity.
- Following the popular Festival of Pirates and Princesses, Disneyland Paris is currently celebrating Marvel Summer of Super Heroes. This special event includes new entertainment, food, and more. The celebration lasts through September 30th.
- Speaking of special events, this September the resort will host a night of jazz as Disney Loves Jazz, Soiree of Jazz takes over the Walt Disney Studios Park. The hard ticket party will take place September 29th from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. and include live jazz music, exclusive Disney Character Meet’n’Greets, exciting rides, and the exclusive Jazz Loves Disney in concert.
- Finally, Disneyland Paris is set for more major changes in the coming years following the February announcement that Disney will invest 2 billion Euro in the resort, including a transformation and expansion of Walt Disney Studios Park.