The Walt Disney Company has announced that Karen Hobson has been named senior Vice President, Communications, for The Walt Disney Company’s new Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment.
- According to a report on Deadline, Karen Hobson has been named The Walt Disney Company’s senior VP of Communications for the new Direct-to-consumer and International segment (DTCI).
- Hobson has been with the company for 21 years. Her most recent role was VP, Corporate Communications for the Disney|ABC Television Group. Her new role will have her overseeing all strategic communications efforts for the DTCI segment.
- DTCI serves as a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for the content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups. This includes the upcoming Disney streaming service, ESPN+, and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu.
- She will report to Zenia Mucha, senior executive VP and chief communications officer of The Walt Disney Company, as well as Kevin Mayer, chairman, Direct-to-Consumer and International, The Walt Disney Company.
- Hobson oversaw communication and publicity for distribution during her time at Disney|ABC. She also managed advertising sales, research initiatives, digital media products and services, along with broadcast engineering and operations projects.
- Hobson led communications for international content sales efforts with Disney Media Distribution as well as Disney|ABC Television Group’s eight ABC Owned Stations.
- Before working at Disney, Hobson held publicity positions at Cartoon Network and Hanna-Barbera Animation. She began her career at Wilkinson/Lipsman Public Relations.
What they’re saying:
- Kevin Mayer, chairman, Direct-to-Consumer and International, The Walt Disney Company: “Karen is a strategic thinker with a wealth of communications expertise and a passion for innovative technologies that drive new opportunities and shape the media landscape. She’s a perfect fit for this critical part of our business and a welcome addition to our leadership team.”